Monday, May 3, 2010
Cait's First Birthday
My little Caitlyn turned one last week and we had such a great time celebrating her!
I am finally getting around to posting some of the details. Here we go...
Originally the theme of Cait's party was going to be "pink and brown giraffe". I mean, we are talking since I sewed her a blanket with giraffe print BEFORE she was born I have been planning this theme! Two weeks before the party I decided I was bored with that idea and I switched it up but I did keep a few cute giraffe details. One of my favorites is this cute "floppy friend" crocheted giraffe I got off etsy. Cait loves it and it's so adorable when she totes it around!
I had so much fun putting together the sweets table at my sister's party, I knew this was a must for this one as well. I am no Amy Atlas but I did my best! I didn't iron the tablecloths or anything but I did stand on a chair on the table to pin those lanterns up there...and I think that was at around 1 in the morning.
I found these cute favor boxes at Party City in California. My daughters tied the ribbons on the boxes the morning of the party. I am kind of a control freak so it is always a pleasant surprise when I hand a task over and it turns out "how I want it" without me barking orders!!
Like those tags? I ordered them from Bridgett of Perideau Designs through Etsy. She was awesome to work with and I really love her simple, charming designs!
Wondering what that cute tag is tied to?
Giraffe Stuffies! The favors I made for Cait's two baby friends.
And one year old party girls always need bibs to keep themselves clean:)
Look at Cait and her fun friends Emilie and Azraia playing with their new giraffes!
Every month of Cait's life, on her "day", I have taken a photo of her in a diaper sitting next to this hippo. I strung those 12 photos up along a ribbon.
And because I believe there can never be too many photos, I also stapled some of my favorite pictures of Cait to a few ribbons. These are still hanging in my house today.
I'll get around to taking them down eventually...
The mantel. I used my fun fabric to hide the TV. Those letters are foam, They came in those colors and I got them at the dollar store! I heart my teeny flag bunting. So sweet! It's going in Cait's room when i get around to it.
I bought a box of canning jars and used them as glasses for the party. My daughters filled them with lemons, oranges and ice. I never got around to the cute name-tag-straws I had envisioned in my head....
I just have to add...that fab paper under the glasses was made with my fun fabric. I just walked into the copy store, "copied" my fabric, paid for a few color copies and that was IT! So easy! So clever. Has this been done before? If it has, I have never gotten the memo but none the less, I have figured it out for myself now!
Here's a close up of Cait's cute party hat. I was glue-gunning this baby together as the guests were arriving! Whew, so glad I got it done, I have made a hat for each of my children for their first birthday. I kinda consider it a little tradition. Would have been a shame to miss that on the last kid!
There's the little dolly wearing her special hat!
I have more details to come and there are also a few pics of the cakes over on the sweets blog.
I have decided that I am going to start scaling back on the birthday parties. Keep it simple yet fabulous. What elements do you feel are most essential?
I am finally getting around to posting some of the details. Here we go...
Originally the theme of Cait's party was going to be "pink and brown giraffe". I mean, we are talking since I sewed her a blanket with giraffe print BEFORE she was born I have been planning this theme! Two weeks before the party I decided I was bored with that idea and I switched it up but I did keep a few cute giraffe details. One of my favorites is this cute "floppy friend" crocheted giraffe I got off etsy. Cait loves it and it's so adorable when she totes it around!
I had so much fun putting together the sweets table at my sister's party, I knew this was a must for this one as well. I am no Amy Atlas but I did my best! I didn't iron the tablecloths or anything but I did stand on a chair on the table to pin those lanterns up there...and I think that was at around 1 in the morning.
I found these cute favor boxes at Party City in California. My daughters tied the ribbons on the boxes the morning of the party. I am kind of a control freak so it is always a pleasant surprise when I hand a task over and it turns out "how I want it" without me barking orders!!
Like those tags? I ordered them from Bridgett of Perideau Designs through Etsy. She was awesome to work with and I really love her simple, charming designs!
Wondering what that cute tag is tied to?
Giraffe Stuffies! The favors I made for Cait's two baby friends.
And one year old party girls always need bibs to keep themselves clean:)
Look at Cait and her fun friends Emilie and Azraia playing with their new giraffes!
Every month of Cait's life, on her "day", I have taken a photo of her in a diaper sitting next to this hippo. I strung those 12 photos up along a ribbon.
And because I believe there can never be too many photos, I also stapled some of my favorite pictures of Cait to a few ribbons. These are still hanging in my house today.
I'll get around to taking them down eventually...
The mantel. I used my fun fabric to hide the TV. Those letters are foam, They came in those colors and I got them at the dollar store! I heart my teeny flag bunting. So sweet! It's going in Cait's room when i get around to it.
I bought a box of canning jars and used them as glasses for the party. My daughters filled them with lemons, oranges and ice. I never got around to the cute name-tag-straws I had envisioned in my head....
I just have to add...that fab paper under the glasses was made with my fun fabric. I just walked into the copy store, "copied" my fabric, paid for a few color copies and that was IT! So easy! So clever. Has this been done before? If it has, I have never gotten the memo but none the less, I have figured it out for myself now!
Here's a close up of Cait's cute party hat. I was glue-gunning this baby together as the guests were arriving! Whew, so glad I got it done, I have made a hat for each of my children for their first birthday. I kinda consider it a little tradition. Would have been a shame to miss that on the last kid!
There's the little dolly wearing her special hat!
I have more details to come and there are also a few pics of the cakes over on the sweets blog.
I have decided that I am going to start scaling back on the birthday parties. Keep it simple yet fabulous. What elements do you feel are most essential?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















12 comments:
First birthdays are always so special, and your party is just fab - how clever of you, I love it all
so fantastic! I love that tutu and party hat and tablesetup - everything!
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration
Everything looks so great!!!
Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts
http://divinepartyconcepts.com/
Whew! How fabulous! Once again...a party even a "grown up" girl would dream of!
So adorable!! What a great job! I love the colors...and the lanterns hanging from the ceiling!
Totally in love with her tutu! The dessert table is AMAZING. I adore the pennants! Loved the little giraffes and bibs. What a beautiful party.
Just had to stop by after seeing your beautiful birthday pics over at Birthday Girl! Wow. It's a bit uncanny. I'm also Colleen with five kids and have loved all the things you mentioned for as long as I can remember! Funny, huh?!?
Thank you for such an inspiration. My 4th baby is going to be one soon. A girl after 3 boys and a 9 year age gap. Zack 16 ,Zayne 11 , Zanden 9 years and oh my "Surprise" Zoee 9 months :-) My first girl party ever,I`m so excited! Can I get some of your ideas to bring in tea pots,cups and fairies in the same fashion that you did your daughter Cait`s Birthday ? Thanks, Michelle
I too am envisioning a pink and brown giraffe first birthday party for my daughter! I am having such a hard time finding things to go with my theme :( I absolutely love your stuffies! Can you tell me how to make them? Thanks so much! Christina
i just thought i'd let you know that i linked this page to my blog, because i'm very inspired by this party for my daughters...
http://www.joys-laughter.com
Hi thanks for asking about our views. Birthday is a very special day in everybody’s life. So it should be celebrated..i like your idea..Scavenger Hunt
This is SO darling! I love your blog! It is my new favorite!
<3
Risa
Post a Comment